Check out the pictures of this project.
Router Table Mortising with Loose Tenon Joinery to make a Tool Stand.
The 26 minute woodworking video illustrates a complete project from start to finish. You will see the principles of loose tenon (or floating tenon) joinery applied to make a sturdy tool stand.
Shown in the video:
- Stock preparation using the planer and jointer.
- Making legs, aprons, and cross members for the project.
- Mortising on the router table.
- Having a repeatable setup for mortising by using a modified tenon jig.
- Efficient mortising technique - this project has 32 mortises.
- The benefits of a foot-activated motorized router lift. Glue and assembly of the project.
- Adding swivel casters to the project.
- Making loose tenons for joinery.
The video is instructional and gives the basics of loose tenon joinery. More importantly, it provides the foundation required for furniture building.